ITscope uses the OpenTrans 2.1 industry standard as the format for orders and quotes.
Many systems (ERP/shops) are able to import and also generate this format, meaning information can be sent directly via the ITscope API.
We recommend that you always set the required fields when developing OpenTrans 2.1 files. These fields are extensively described in the documentation contained in the respective download packages at the end of this article. The ITscope API method business/documents/validate allows all OpenTrans 2.1 documents to be validated against the OpenTrans 2.1 XML schema definitions (XSD), either before these documents are sent or during the development phase.
ITscope supports the following OpenTrans 2.1 documents:
- ORDER - the order document that is sent to the corresponding supplier. Many suppliers are able to process this format directly. This document can be used for further processing or for creating a new quote in other systems, and can be downloaded via the ITscope API method /business/deals
- See also: ESD ORDER document
- ORDERRESPONSE - the order response document that is sent back to ITscope by many suppliers. Depending on the supplier, various information regarding the current order processing status is transmitted
- DISPATCHNOTFICATION - the dispatch notification document that is sent back to ITscope by many suppliers. Depending on the supplier, various information regarding the dispatch of the order is transmitted
- INVOICE - the invoice document that is sent back to ITscope by many suppliers. Depending on the supplier, various information regarding invoicing of the order is transmitted
- QUOTATION - the quote document for a quote that has been created on ITscope. This document can be used for further processing or for creating a new quote in other systems, and can be downloaded via the ITscope API method /business/quotes
- The <BUYER_PID type="itscope"> XML element contains the ID of the supplierItem in the quote line items, if the line item is an ITscope item. For example <ns2:BUYER_PID type="itscope">53514216</ns2:BUYER_PID>. This makes it possible to identify a unique source of supply (supplierItem) for the product.
Validation of OpenTrans 2.1 documents
If OpenTrans 2.1 has already been implemented and the ITscope API has been connected, then the OpenTrans documents can be validated using the API method /business/documents/validate.
The straightforward ITscope Simple OpenTrans 2.1 Validator can be used if no API connection is present. This tool is powered by the same validator that is also used for the API. However, we recommend only using the web tool in the development phase of the documents.
It is important to note that the corresponding namespaces have to be set in the XML document, meaning every element that is not a part of the main namespace is marked accordingly. Generally, the examples and the documentation should be used when creating new documents. In case of validation errors, the documentation also provides help regarding compulsory fields, order of the fields, length of fields, data types of fields and formatting of fields.
OpenTrans 2.1 download
The documentation and OpenTrans 2.1 XSDs in German and English can be downloaded here.
Additionally, an example XML file has been provided for quotes.