The API call is done via a well-defined URL. If a call to an XML file delivered, it can be entered, for example, also in a browser window. The resulting XML is then displayed by the browser.
The URL consists of
- API base URL: 'https://api.itscope.com'
- Version: latest version is the '/2.0'
- Method: begins for example with '/ products'. One method is for example '/ search', followed by the filters described in URL path syntax
- Dataformat: eg standard or developer, described in data formats
- Output Format: Output formats can be csv, xml or json.
- Parameters: separated from the path by '?' Additional information, for example for sorting are made; these are described in the URL parameter syntax
By zusammesetzen these elements results from the link to an API fetch eg