Every supply source on ITscope has a status of availability as described below.
|1||in stock||product available in own stock|
|2||in transit||product ordered at the presupplier|
|3||in field warehouse||product available at the presupplier's stock|
|4||order-related||product will be produced on demand|
|6||not available||product not available|
|8||unknown||availability status couldn't be matched|
Guidelines for availability status
The status In Stock is only being assigned if the supplier transmits an exact positive stock, only if the access to the products are exclusive.
The stock can be limited to a threshold value, e.g. 10+ for "10 or more units available", 50+ "50 or more units available". A stock < 10 has to be displayed correctly (e.g. 1+ is not possible).
- only exact stock
- only own stock
- stock can be limited to a threshold value
- a stock < 10 has to be displayed correctly (exceptions apply for "ABC Data", "BITS", "EURONICS Deutschland", "Fröhlich + Walter", "Greither Hard- & Software", "Herweck", "KOCH Media", "Mindfactory", "think about IT", "VV Computer", "Wincan Technology")
The status In Transit is only being assigned if the supplier indicates the date the goods are being available from the own stock (presupplier delivery date). This date may not be in the past and max three months in the future. Indicating the quantity of products ordered at the presupplier is optional but desired.
- only with delivery date
- delivery date not in the past and max three months in future
- quantity is optional but desired
In field warehouse
The status In field warehouse is only being assigned if the supplier indicates the quantity of the goods being in stock at the presupplier. Indicating the expected delivery time is optional.
Field warehouse always means that third parties also have access to the inventories.
- only with quantity
- delivery time is optional
The status Order-related is being assigned, if the item has been marked accordingly. This is especially useful for products being produced after the order has been placed (e.g. computers configured individually by the customer's desires)
- marked as Order-related explicitly
The status Not available is being assigned, if the item has been marked accordingly by the supplier or the stock is 0 (zero)
- marked as not available explicitly
- stock is 0 (zero)
The status unknown is being assigned, if the availability status cannot be matched to the availabilities mentioned above.
This may be caused by:
- Error fetching the availability status by the realtime interface
- Transmitting "in transit" without indicating a correct delivery date
- Transmitting "in stock" / "In field warehouse" without indicating a quantity
- Transmitting negative stocks. In this case the stock is being set to 0 (zero).