In order to use the EDI interfaces, you usually have to clarify and set up the corresponding boundary conditions for each distributor. Here are some of the most important conditions:
- Please contact the distributor for the EDI interface
- Clarify which documents are made available to you via the interface, such as order responses (OrderRespones), delivery notes (Dispatchnotifications) and invoices (Invoices)
- Clarify if shipping with own delivery note is activated at the distributor
- Please ensure that many distributors only support one service provider, ie if you already use an EDI connection, documents could not be sent to ITscope, but to the already existing other connection.
- Please clarify shipping costs with the distributor, since these are not normally mapped via the EDI interfaces.
All created and sent orders can be retrieved through the Deal API method . Orders can be sent to the distributors in several ways:
- Through the ITscope platform on the shopping cart
- Through the ITscope API
Send orders via the ITscope API
Via the ITScope Deal send API method it is possible to send OpenTrans 2.1 ORDER order documents directly to the electronically connected interfaces (EDI interfaces) from individual distributors. ITscope converts the orders thus received into the respective distributor EDI format and sends the order to the EDI interface of the distributor on behalf of the customer.
Orders are sent in the OpenTrans 2.1 format (ORDER).
Orders received as a distributor
Distributors can currently receive 2-way orders.
- Notifications of received orders will be sent by e-mail to the deposited email addresses . The distributor can then process the purchase order via the seller board and convert the status of the orders manually . At this time, no order response documents (ORDERRESPONSE, DISPATCHNOTIFCATION or INVOICE) are generated.
- Orders are translated from the ITscope system to the distributor-specific EDI format and sent electronically to the already connected EDI system of the distributor (active list see below) and processed there. Order response documents are automatically generated by the EDI System distributor and received by the ITscope system. ITscope translates the orders from the specific EDI format back into the OpenTrans 2.1 format used by ITscope. The order status results from the information and documents processed via the EDI interface .
Order status and order documents
Existing orders and their status can be retrieved through the Deal API method . The possible response documents ( ORDERRESPONSE , DISPATCHNOTIFCATION or INVOICE ) already translated from the distributor-specific EDI format according to OpenTrans 2.1 are available via API via the Business Documents methods .
Order response documents (ORDERRESPONSE, DISPATCHNOTIFCATION or INVOICE) are received in OpenTrans 2.1 format .