Structure of the order
Our system exclusively receives orders in an XSD-valid OpenTrans version 2.1 format.
Description of the individual order elements
Order number (ORDER_ID):
- the own order number.
- the distributor, as the supplier with the PartyID that is deposited in your system for the distributor
- buyer, i.e. invoice recipient, PARTY_ROLE->buyer with the PartyID that is stored in your system as the customer number with the distributor
- delivery recipient, may differ from the buyer, for example due to drop shipment.
Partial delivery (PARTIAL_SHIPMENT_ALLOWED):
- set this field if the order is to be split into partial deliveries
- the field is defined as a mandatory field in OpenTrans, so it must be set to false as default value.
Own delivery note (UDX.DROPSHIPMENT):
- this field must be set if shipping with your own delivery note (drop shipment) is desired. This delivery note can be requested from the respective supplier. Costs may be involved in this. Therefore, this should be agreed with the distributor beforehand
- this UDX field is NOT an optional field.
Customer order reference (CUSTOMER_ORDER_REFERENCE -> ORDER_ID):
- this field is the end customer's order ID
- this field is optional.
Distributor product number (SUPPLIER_PID type="supplier_specific"):
- this number is the supplier's unique item number (SKU). We use this number to search for the item that is to be ordered.
ITscope PUID (INTERNATIONAL_PID type="itscope"):
- this number is the ITscope product number. It is a unique reference to the ITscope product.
Project number for project orders (AGREEMENT_ID):
- this number is the manufacturer project number for project orders. With this number, the sales team can assign the correct items to the corresponding manufacturer project.
Download sample order files
The sample order files linked at the end of this article contain XML comments (in German), in order to simplify the understanding of the structure of an ORDER. These files can also be used as reference files, for sending a test order with the ITscope API method business/deals/send to the 'Partner Test' (SupplierId 10000735).
The file Example_ORDER_Testdistributor_Bestellung.xml is an ordinary order.
The file Example_ORDER_Testdistributor_Bestellung_Eigener_Lieferschein.xml is an order with own delivery note (drop shipment).
The file Example_ORDER_Testdistributor_Bestellung_Projekt.xml is an order with a project price. The third line item in this sample contains exemplary project conditions. From this sample, it can be seen that it is possible to have a mix of different prices ('normal' or project prices) as well as different projects within the same order, as the project is specified on a line-by-line basis.